As many tourists yearn for a Uganda self drive, few of them know that it’s quite challenging to drive on the roads of this East African country. Take for instance the streets of the USA, they are in good condition and you can’t see any holes in them. It’s a different case here in Uganda in that a large portion of the streets are not in good condition and they are totally not quite the same as those in created states. It’s for this reason one ought to first know the circumstances in which he/she will be confronted while driving on a Ugandan Road. As a rule, we at Budget Car Rental Uganda guarantee that our customers get the best starting instructions about road safety measures before being given our vehicles. Before one rent’s a car from us, we guarantee that he or she has the essential information about the nation furthermore the rules that apply on the Roads. We also prompt that he or she goes with our guide to help in locating the various places.
Be that as it may, what are some of the best practices one should observe before driving any car on Ugandan roads?
- Keep Left: Different from most outside nations, in Uganda vehicles including bikes keep left. This is the main thing one ought to know before hiring a car from us. One may be used to his country of origin’s rules of keeping right, and in this way may get mixed up to drive on Uganda streets on right. It’s an offense to drive from the right-hand side of the street in Uganda and if got by the traffic officers, a punishment or even detainment may happen. It should also be noted that most of the cars in Uganda are right-handed because of the rule of keeping left while driving on the roads.
- Tie the belts while driving. This is one of the disregarded guidelines by most Ugandan drivers yet it’s one of the least secure practices one can ever do. Belts are so critical, particularly on roads that have bumps and uneven surfaces. Likewise, in case one gets into an accident, the belt helps in lessening the harm to the people in the vehicle. It’s an offense if got by traffic officers driving without wearing seat belts.
- Have the Driving license updated. As you surely understand that before driving a car in any country on the planet, you are required to have a substantial driving permit. This is the same case in Uganda and nobody is allowed to drive without having one. For travelers who may visit Uganda and wish to drive themselves, they are required to carry their driving licenses from their respective countries which can be used to get authorization from the Uganda traffic police to drive on Ugandan roads. In the event that one is discovered driving without a legitimate driving permit, he/she is fined or taken to court.
- Know where you are going: This is critical particularly to first-time guests in Uganda. Because of the traffic jam in most urban spots in the country, it’s generally a best practice to know some different courses which can lead you to the same destination simply as one who has used the main road. This helps in saving time and fuel. But this should not stress anybody because at our organization, we generally provide a well-trained and experienced guide who can help in finding these alternative routes.
- Know the street signs. This is so essential in light of the fact that a decent driver ought to dependably recognize what street signs mean. They offer headings to the drivers and furthermore empower them to foresee what they should expect ahead.
The above practices are so vital and if used, then one should expect the best experience out and about and the most amusing Uganda Safari experience.