This policy applies to content provided by your use of the Urban Legend Kampala (ULK) Facebook app (the “App”).
Collecting information about you
We collect different types of information about App users for four main reasons:
1. To personalise the content of the App for individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the App.
3. To advertise on the App.
4. With user consent, to market services to individual users.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- We ensure that when we outsource any processes, the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from ULK and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing.
We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about the App, for example, to offer rewards to users.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
Sharing your information with us and others
When you first access the App, for example by clicking on a link to a ULK article from your Facebook newsfeed, you will be presented with a Facebook permissions page, which will advise you about the Facebook information you will be sharing with the App and other Facebook users. You can then decide whether or not to share your Facebook information by using the App. If you decide not to grant permission you will not be able to use the App.
By granting permission you will be agreeing to share your Facebook user details (including your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings) as well as the user details of your Facebook friends, and information about your use of the App, for example, the articles you are reading.
If you choose to post content or other data on the App, for example, by commenting on an article, this can be accessed by all of your Facebook friends.
If you decide not to share information with your Facebook friends about a particular article you have accessed you can make your reading private using the “remove from timeline” facility at the top of the article page.
To unsubscribe go to “Why am I seeing this version of the page?” at the top of the article page and select “Remove this application”. Alternatively, remove the App by accessing the application settings in your Facebook account settings.
Once you remove the App we no longer have permission to access your Facebook information and your data will be removed from the App. If you select a ULK article on Facebook after you unsubscribe you will be taken directly to www.urbanlegendkampala.com